Marina comes up for air to rejoin the podcast after having her nose in a textbook all semester. Talking about the sexual harassment crisis, porn use, #MeToo, why we care, Christian morality, Pope Paul VI's Humanae Vitae, Natural Family Planning (not the rhythm method), fear, and how they're all related.
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- The Public Discourse: Porn is the Missing Piece in the Louis CK Story - Explanation that the sexual harassment crisis is intricately linked to the rampant use of pornography in modern society.
- [BOOK] Delivered: True Stories of Men and Women Who Turned from Porn to Purity
- Humanae Vitae - Papal Encyclical by Pope Paul VI, response document to an advisory body which recommended to the pope that the Catholic Church should approve of the use of artificial contraception.
- Popecast episode on Pope Paul VI - Short podcast biography on the life of Pope Paul VI, and additional context on Humanae Vitae and the prophetic writings of his that have come true over the course of the last 50 years.
- [BOOK] From Shame to Sin: The Christian Transformation of Sexual Morality in Late Antiquity
SUPPORT THE PODCAST: https://patreon.com/mtncatholic (Next $10/month donor gets to pick the next TWO popes for the Popecast!)